Saturday, July 11, 2009

The "Grace" Dress


Been dining on a lot of old movies lately. Hitchcock, Grace Kelley, and Cary Grant make a great combo plate. I suggest ordering yourself up a dish of "To Catch a Thief" or perhaps you're in the mood for a serving of Jimmy Stewart? May I suggest "Rear Window?" You'll be glad you tried it out. If you partake in either of these tasty morsels, then you will see the influence on my knitting for Bonnie B.C.. (Duh! those dresses Grace Kelley wore.) I hope to get the pattern written down and maybe for sale. It'll probably be called "The Grace Dress." Duh!

4 comments:

Karendipity said...

Blythe will now be the envy of Parisian couturiers! Chic and lady like in her shapely ensemble!

taffyyarn said...

Mais bien sur! Merci!

Netty said...

I love it! You are so clever. How do you put it on her? (closing in back?)

taffyyarn said...

It has a deep V back... with a slit up the back past her bum. I knit it from the bottom up in the round then split it partway up. I just finished weaving in ends and will decide... concealed snap... then maybe "pearl" beads partway up the back. I am really excited by the way it came out. It is much more fitted in the waist... I didn't take time to get good pictures, I wanted to post progress.
Thanks for you comment! Hope you had a great trip, wanna hear how it went.