Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Going Backward to Move Forward

I had intended to blog about my progress on the World's Largest Knitted Tree all summer, but that didn't happen.

I didn't document the roots that I knitted during the many performances we watched of Shakespeare in the Park... both productions were amazing.  I had big ideas of photographing the knitted roots among real tree roots... but the temperatures of over 100 for weeks on end kind of put a damper on that.

The series of photos on the left are from the day I cast on for the trunk.  We were on our way to a Sporting KC game (note the long line of traffic).


I am still  surprised they let me in Livestrong Sporting Park with the size 35 needles.


By the end of the game I had a pretty great start.  Knitting in public always brings about great conversations with curious people. 

That's my favorite thing about K.I.P.  People feel safe to ask, "What are you making?"  I am sure they never in their wildest dreams think the answer is going to be... "I'm knitting a tree!"

No comments: